Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Austin

Oh where do I begin! This was such a fun trip! At the end of last summer I got a call from my good friend Nicole telling me she was pregnant and due around the end of March! I was so dang excited! With her having a baby and having had Jen and Tim just move out there I knew that I would make a trip of this event! So began the idea of a trip that could or might not happen. As the new year started I realized it would be a little tight with money and that the trip probably wouldn't happen. Well one day it hit me that I REALLY wanted to go! I decided I would work extra  hard and save every penny I could so that I could go visit my friends! Once I decided I was going I had to make the decision if I was going to bring Wil with me or not. (Russell knew that he was going to stay home because of work and school) I asked my sister how she felt about watching Wil for me for a week. She asked when and where I was going. Turns out it was spring break for her work so she had the entire week off of work. So we decided that she would just come with me and we would bring Wil with us! It was the beginning of a crazy adventure!!! It couldn't not have gone better! It was so fun!

Jen and I left on Sunday afternoon. We got to the airport and I had booked the tickets through Expedia. Turns out that Expedia autofilled my information on my ticket and I didn't realize it but it was book under my maiden name! I don't have my maiden name on my license! (Bad move on my part! I kept my middle name!) The kind employee at the airport told me that the only way I could get my ticket was with my marriage AND birth certificate! GAHHHH! Both of those things were an hour south at home and our flight was leaving in an hour! I was freaking out! I started digging through every nook and cranny in my wallet and found my VERY old student ID from UVU! It had me with bright, puffy long blonde hair and it said Elizabeth PETERSON! I was praying that this would work! Thankfully they switched my ticket over to my married name and it all went smoothly from there. It was one of the most stressful situations in my life! Ugh! Kill me, I get anxiety just thinking about it!

Once we got to the gate we had time to make Wil a bottle really quick and we had to board the plan. It was perfect timing! Wil did so good! We were able to get a row for the three of us so Wil had his own set! It was great! I was  SOOOOOOO grateful that my sister was with me! It would have been very challenging flying alone with an infant! I don't know how people do it!






The flight from AZ to TX was good. Wil slept for a whole 30  mins! BOOOO! But he was still pleasant and happy and easy to entertain! We had a few problems with the rental car, curse being an adult, but not really! I seriously can not wait to turn 25! We drove to Jen and Tim's darling little apartment and slept great after a long day of traveling! 


The next few days consisted of lots of relaxing and shopping! The weather wasn't quite warm enough for the pool but it was much warmer than Utah! Jen worked most of the week but had the end of the week off. 







My sister has been on an amazing weight loss journey and I seriously am so proud of her! She is one of the strongest women I know and I look up to her so much! I get all happy inside just thinking about everything she has had to deal with and all the challenges she has faced dead on and over come them standing even taller! A few months ago I threw the idea out there that she needed a pair of skinny jeans! :) Sure enough she thought I was cray cray! Well the first thing I told her when she asked to come to Austin with me was that she could come on the one condition that she at least try on a pair, or 10 ;) to see if she liked them! Sure enough she loved them and now wears the all the time! Time for pair 2! She is such a babe! 



We got together with Nicole and Glen to eat some spicy food to help get her sweet boy to come but he had other plans for our vacation! He waited an entire week later before he decided to show up! ;) 




Jen is my movitavtion when it comes to running! We went on a great run and it helped me so much! And yes, we regularly cuddle up next to each other when we are sweaty! ;) I love my long lanky twin! 


 After Jen took me running, I took Jen W. running! It was so fun and I kicked her trash! :) 

Of course you can't go to Austin with out EATING! We went to so many yummy places! 









We spent lots of time out on Jen and Tim's patio! I think it was my favorite part of the entire trip! It was warm enough to just sit out there forever and have much needed catch up time with both of my Jens! 


We even dyed eggs! It was great! I will do a post about Easter and post the rest of our pictures from Easter! 


We finally got a pool day!!! It was heavenly! So warm and sunny! Wil is such a stud and LOVED the water!!!! Even though the water was cold! He couldn't get enough of it! 





It is so fun to see Wil's personality come out around other people other than Russ and me. He was such a ham for Jen C. 


We had a girls night while Tim watched Wil for us! It was fun to see the town my friends live in! 


Wil and Tim were good buddies! It was cute to see Tim with him, knowing that he gets to be a dad so very soon!!!! (Jen and Tim are expecting their first baby!) 






Hundreds of bats come out of that bridge at night! And its THOUSANDS of bats when its actually "bat season" It was pretty gross! :) 





Then sweet baby Leo decided to finally make his entrance one day before I had to leave! Good thing we stayed for 10 days! Nicole and Glen called me about 1:30AM and I drove to the hospital to take pictures of the whole process! There are more pictures of Leo's Birth Story on my photography blog

This was a selfie taken at 6:00AM!!!! Such a long night but TOTALLY worth it!!!! One of the coolest experiences I have had as a photographer and a friend!!! 




After being with Nicole and her sweet new family all night, all I wanted to do when I got home was cozy up with my little one! I can't believe how big he is now!!! 



I guess our trip had to come to an end some time! Even though I was pretty comfortable just moving in with Jen and Tim! I think they were glad to get their house back to themselves though :) It seriously was such a fun trip! Thank you so much Jen and Tim for letting us crash your house! 


This picture sums up our flight from TX to AZ. Crappy! He was just a bad kid! So fussy and restless! Didn't help that he was teething! UGH! Glad I don't have to relive that moment of my life! 


The flight from AZ to UT was a DREAM! He had his own seat which helped a TON and he was so happy and content! Totally opposite from the previous flight! 





This is our load we carried around the airport! It was a hoot! 



And goodbye came again a few hours later! :( It was so fun to be so close to my sister for so long! She went back to her life in Idaho and I went back to mine in Utah! I am so glad you came with us Jen! It would not have even been HALF the adventure it was with you! I love you so much! Here is to more memories together!!! 











2 comments:

  1. I love it! I wish we could do it all over again! You are such a great friend and I'm so glad you came! Seriously! I can't tell you how much I loved having you be there! Can't wait for this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seriously was the best trip ever! Thank you for coming out and being so fun :) I'm glad that you got to see a little bit of our everyday lives, and it really got to the point that you guys staying at our apartment just felt normal! I miss you and can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete